city of lights layout

i know.  2 days in a row.  insane?  (okay i scheduled this post at the same time as yesterday's.  sshhh...)
i have a mad, mad love for my cameo.  i have hardly had time to scrapbook the past couple of months.  but when i saw this download in the silhouette store, i knew exactly what i wanted to do with it.  as is often the case, i have a layout idea first & then choose a photo.  i chose one that i had been holding onto forever.  it's one i took of my daughter pre-digi days.  a favorite photo of her. i haven't used it because if i messed it up, i would have to hunt down the negative.  (the beauty of the digital age!)  she'll be 13 next week, and looking at this photo makes me a little sad!  where did the time go?  ANYWAY.... on to the layout.
 i cut it out in several pattern papers and then pieced together. it was not a terribly time consuming layout.  i suspect you will see a lot of layouts around the web using this silhouette cut because it is FABULOUS!  i used the studio calico kit, city of lights and the sorbonne & louvre add ons.

Comments

  1. Love how you combined all the different patterns in the sunburst shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Love the photo and understand why you kept it for something special. I really should get my old Silhouette started again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this layout! Beautiful!! What a beautiful picture of your daughter, Mandy!!! This post just might get me out of my Silhouette funk ;) thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool page! I saw it on the SC blog and wanted to comment. Great mix of papers and lovely picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a FABULOUS layout! Wow! I think you have singlehandedly convinced me that I need a Silhouette. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts